Make your own free website on Tripod.com








Living Life in the Shadows
Brains & Brawn













Home

Races & the Rogue | Magick | Guild | Weapons & Ambushing | What the #$%&? | My Scripts | Locksmith shops | Escape and Evasion | Journal | Sanity | Growing Pains | Breakage | Message Boards | Call a Doctor | Traps | Armor is your Friend. | Roleplaying a thief. | Scarabs 151 | Rogue Training | Numbers Mumbo Jumbo | Hunting guide | Survival Kit | News/Gossip/Opinions | Logs and Guides. | Favorite Links | Voter's booth | Dear Rogue! | Locksmithing | Thievery | Redux | Everyone Grows up




















Here you have one installment of the adventures of Brain and Brawn! Log and commentary provided courtesy of Brain. Enjoy.

[Hearthstone, Courtyard]
Before you stands a grand old manor, framed by huge willows to the east and west. The elegant trees sway gently in the moonlight, dappling the cobblestone courtyard with ever-shifting patterns of light and dark. Snippets of conversation drift away from the long porch stretching along the full width of the great old house, as several guests enjoy the hospitality and ambience of this fine hideaway. You also see a stein of rich dwarven ale, a wooden arrow, a small pumpkin, the porch steps and a hollow tree stump.
Also here: SorcBoy, Brawn
Obvious paths: south.

You hear the faint thoughts of PoorSap echo in your mind:
"does a box found bone-inlaid blue dreamstone pin do anything special??"

>>>Aha! A target presents itself!

You focus your mind on PoorSap and think:
"Bring it to the Hearthstone Courtyard. We will look at it."

>>>And your pockets.

You hear the faint thoughts of Promethious echo in your mind:
"I dunno about the pendant. I found one too. Keep me posted?"

>>>Oh, you're next, buddy.

You say, "I am trying to bring people here."

SorcBoy stares off into space.

Brawn smirks.
Brawn nods to you.

SorcBoy says, "It usually gets quiet around this time"

You hear the faint thoughts of PoorSap touch your mind:
"Be right there"

Brawn says, "I can sing to entertain."
Brawn whistles tunelessly to himself.

>>>Change the subject. Change the subject. Change..

You say, "Indeed."

SorcBoy says, "Ugh"

You see Brawn FearMe.
He appears to be a Human and totally buffed out.
He appears to be senescent and tall. He has piercing grey eyes and tanned skin. He has short, straight black hair streaked with silver. He has a clean-shaven face.

You ask, "Did you go to the Titaniia school though?"

>>>Nothing personal Titaniia.

Brawn looks over at you and shakes his head.
Brawn says, "Certainly not."
Brawn whistles tunelessly to himself.

SorcBoy says, "I'm her apprentice"

>>>Oof. Im surrounded.

Brawn says, "I made it up myself."

SorcBoy removes a shimmering haon-framed tambourine from in his deep-hooded cloak.
SorcBoy indicates his haon-framed tambourine with a smile.

You chuckle.

You hear the faint thoughts of PoorSap touch your mind:
"how do i get there from TSC?"

>>>Im not sure whether to feel pity at this point or drool in anticipation.

You focus your mind on PoorSap and think:
"Do you know where the North Gate is?"

>>>Start simple..

You hear the faint thoughts of PoorSap touch your mind:
"Brain"

>>>Yeah, that's me.

You hear the faint thoughts of PoorSap touch your mind:
"yeah"

You say, "Oof, this poor fellow does not know how to get hear from Town Square Central."

You focus your mind on PoorSap and think:
"Outside the North Gate, go north until you cannot anymore."

Brawn chuckles.

PoorSap just arrived.

You see PoorSap DrakynStar.
He appears to be a Giantman.
He appears to be very young and very tall. He has sparkling crystal blue eyes and bronze skin. He has long, unruly coal black hair streaked with silver. He has an unshaven face, a flaring nose and a pronounced jawline.
He is in good shape.

[Hearthstone, Courtyard]
Before you stands a grand old manor, framed by huge willows to the east and west. The elegant trees sway gently in the moonlight, dappling the cobblestone courtyard with ever-shifting patterns of light and dark. Snippets of conversation drift away from the long porch stretching along the full width of the great old house, as several guests enjoy the hospitality and ambience of this fine hideaway. You also see a stein of rich dwarven ale, a wooden arrow, a small pumpkin, the porch steps and a hollow tree stump.
Also here: PoorSap, SorcBoy, Brawn
Obvious paths: south.

PoorSap takes off a bone-inlaid blue dreamstone pin.
PoorSap taps a bone-inlaid blue dreamstone pin.

You say, "Ahh, you were the one I spoke to."

PoorSap bows to you.

You say, "Try wearing it and rubbing it."

PoorSap puts on a bone-inlaid blue dreamstone pin.
PoorSap rubs a bone-inlaid blue dreamstone pin.
PoorSap takes off a bone-inlaid blue dreamstone pin.

You say, "Perhaps SorcBoy here can cast a spell to see if there's anything to it."

PoorSap says, "probably nothing special"

You reach into PoorSap's pockets and pull out 75 silvers.

>>>Ahh, I'm already on my way to paying down my bar tab.

SorcBoy put a shimmering haon-framed tambourine in his deep-hooded cloak.

whisper Brawn Steal, steal, steal.
You whisper quietly to Brawn.

PoorSap offers SorcBoy a bone-inlaid blue dreamstone pin.

SorcBoy accepts PoorSap's blue dreamstone pin.
SorcBoy makes a quick gesture while calling upon the powers of the elements...

You reach into PoorSap's pockets and pull out 99 silvers.

SorcBoy gestures at PoorSap.

>>>Hey, no killing the mark..

[Hearthstone, Courtyard]
(Editor's Note: I figure you've seen the courtyard description enough by now, so I'll save a few lines by omitting it)
Also here: PoorSap, SorcBoy, Brawn
Obvious paths: south.

SorcBoy gags.

You chuckle.

SorcBoy says, "What am I thinking..."

You say, "It is late for you."

SorcBoy makes a quick gesture while calling upon the powers of the elements...
SorcBoy gestures at a bone-inlaid blue dreamstone pin.
SorcBoy nods to you.

You say, "You are misdirecting spells."

>>>A convenient diversion I suppose.

You reach into PoorSap's pockets and pull out 110 silvers.
PoorSap chuckles.

You reach into PoorSap's pockets and pull out 130 silvers.

SorcBoy says, "It has no spells and is not imbeddable at current"

>whisper Brawn Are you getting anything?

You whisper quietly to Brawn.

SorcBoy offers PoorSap a bone-inlaid blue dreamstone pin.

PoorSap accepts SorcBoy's blue dreamstone pin.
PoorSap says, "ok"

You reach into PoorSap's pockets and pull out 21 silvers.

PoorSap says, "kewl"
 
 
>>>Red alert! Red alert!


Brawn whispers, "I just pulled 142, twice in a row."

>>>Brawn does stuff like that. A lot.

PoorSap bows to SorcBoy.

>whisper Brawn He said kewl!!!!
You whisper quietly to Brawn.

PoorSap bows to you.

SorcBoy bows.

You reach into PoorSap's pockets and pull out 90 silvers.

PoorSap puts on a bone-inlaid blue dreamstone pin.
PoorSap waves.

You say, "You are welcome."

PoorSap just went south.

Brawn whispers, "Yep... that irritated me <nod>."

You hear the faint thoughts of PoorSap touch your mind:
"thanx for the assistance"

>>>I was going to let it go, but this will be fun.

You focus your mind on PoorSap and think:
"Bring gems next time."

You hear the faint thoughts of PoorSap touch your mind:
"like a blue crystal??"

>whisper Brawn He thought to me "thanx for the assistance", and I thought back "Bring gems next time."
You whisper quietly to Brawn.

You hear the faint thoughts of PoorSap touch your mind:
"or payment?"

>whisper Brawn And then he said "like a blue crystal? or payment?"
You whisper quietly to Brawn.

SorcBoy says, "I'm going to get some rest. It's too late for me to be up. Next thing you know I'll be running around in a skirt and worshiping Ivas or somesuch"

>>>Consider this a confession of past deeds.

You focus your mind on PoorSap and think:
"Nevermind.."

SorcBoy gazes up into the heavens.

You chuckle.

You hear the faint thoughts of PoorSap touch your mind:
"i dunna understand do you feel i owe you"

You say, "That would be fun to watch."

Brawn chuckles.
Brawn says, "Indeed."

SorcBoy glowers.

Brawn says, "Stay up, pelase."
Brawn nods to SorcBoy.

You hear the faint thoughts of PoorSap touch your mind:
"i can spare you silvers if you feel so"

SorcBoy says, "I'll pass"

Brawn says, "Please."
Brawn coughs.

>>>It would be one for the ages.

SorcBoy appears to be ignoring everything going on around him.
You see SorcBoy try to tiptoe silently away.

>>>Stick to spells pal.

You focus your mind on PoorSap and think:
"No need. Payment has already been extracted."

[Hearthstone, Courtyard] (Description and so on)
Also here: Brawn
Obvious paths: south.

You are now speaking Guild Speak.


>>>What a name! I bet he hangs out with our kewl friend here.

You hear the faint thoughts of PoorSap touch your mind:
"how so"

Brawn says, "Well, it appears as if not many are showing up."
Brawn chuckles.

You say in guild speak, "The fellow asked if I thought he owed me something, and I told him, "No need. Payment has already been extracted.""

You say in guild speak, "Now he wants me to explain."
You cackle!

You hear the faint thoughts of PoorSap touch your mind:
"stealing from a youngster like me is kinda low"

A rolton trots in!

>>>He sends his familiar after us! Oh wait..

You hear the faint thoughts of PoorSap touch your mind:
"try something challanging"

>>>Uhh, are you referencing the rolton?

You focus your mind on PoorSap and think:
"And accusations do hurt."

>>>Watch it. We're sensitive, caring thieves.

A rolton trots south.

>>>Haha! He retreats!

Brawn chuckles.
Brawn nods to you.
Brawn says in guild speak, "Amusing."
Brawn smirks.

You say in guild speak, "Now he's angry that he's wizened up."

>>>I just realized that means he's old not wise. Heh.

You say in guild speak, "If he hadn't said, "kewl", I probably would have let him go on his way without alerting him to what we did."

You hear the faint thoughts of PoorSap touch your mind:
"well what your insenuating... goes hand and hand with how light my pockets feel"

>>>Ooh, its all starting to fall into place.
Brawn nods to you.

You hear the faint thoughts of PoorSap touch your mind:
"as well as the gem talk"

You focus your mind on PoorSap and think:
"I merely thought you would be appreciative. We provided you a service and merely received a small payment."

You focus your mind on PoorSap and think:
"Your pin is a fine looking item."

>>>Thats right: offer up a compliment.

You hear the faint thoughts of PoorSap touch your mind:
"i dont understand "

>>>Gotta love the young innocents.

You say in guild speak, "Ahh, funny stuff.."

You hear the faint thoughts of PoorSap touch your mind:
"how did i pay you"

You focus your mind on PoorSap and think:
"It is alright friend. No harm has been done. Good night."


>>>This man smokes bombs! I don't know what to make of that.

You hear the faint thoughts of PoorSap touch your mind:
"it was a lucky find on a Cave Gnome"

A rolton trots in!

>>>The familiar returns!

You focus your mind on PoorSap and think:

"Perhaps you were meant to find it."

>>>Always flatter the mark.

You focus your mind on PoorSap and think:
"Perhaps some Arkati or higher power WANTED you to find it."

>>>See previous comment.

A rolton trots south.

>>>Stop toying with us.

You hear the faint thoughts of PoorSap touch your mind:
"im sorry no harm no foul eh?"

You say in guild speak, "I am now telling him that some Arkati or higher power wanted him to find the pin."

A rolton trots in!

>>>Dear Tonis, I'll stop the commentary on this! I cant take the tension.

You exclaim in guild speak, "And now he's apologizing!"
You cackle!

You hear the faint thoughts of PoorSap touch your mind:
"and sorry about the accusations"

A rolton trots south.

Brawn chuckles.

You focus your mind on PoorSap and think:
"Oh no. You are merely being cautious. Good night."

You hear the faint thoughts of PoorSap touch your mind:
"your comment made me paranoid is all"

You say in guild speak, "Now he's apologizing when I never expressly denied it."

Brawn says in guild speak, "You're playing that guy like a harp."

>>>Brawn sums it up nicely.

You say in guild speak, "I even told him we extracted payment."

You hear the faint thoughts of PoorSap touch your mind:
"good night"

You say in guild speak, "Oh, it's beautiful."

A rolton trots in!

>>>Damn you! Its the little things you know..

Brawn crouches, sweeps a leg at a rolton and connects!
Aim is somewhat off.
MS: +75 - MD: +3 + MAvA: -5 + d100: +81 == +148
Success!
A rolton falls to the ground! Brawn deftly regains his footing.

You are now in an offensive stance.

>>>This stops now.

(Brain slips a dagger from his boot.)

You remove a very scary rolaren dagger from in your dark leather boots.

Brawn removes a blackened dirk from in his wolf-hide cloak.

You swing a very scary rolaren dagger at a rolton!
AS: +266 vs DS: -50 with AvD: +25 + d100 roll: +41 = +382
  ... and hit for 96 points of damage!
  Incredible slash to the rolton's neck!
  Throat and vocal cords destroyed!
  Zero chance of survival.
The rolton lets out a final agonized bleat and dies.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

You say in guild speak, "Slits its throat."

>>>Yeah, I'm badass..

You botched the job. The rolton pelt is ruined.

>>>Come on! That ruined the mood..

You search the rolton.
It had nothing of interest.
A rolton decays into a pile of fur and bone.
Brawn grins.

You say in guild speak, "Sorry, you can get the next one."
You say in guild speak, "I'll sweep next time."

You are now in a defensive stance.

You put a very scary rolaren dagger in your dark leather boots.

Brawn smirks.

Brawn says in guild speak, "Hardly matters."

>>>Now I feel dumb for offering tactics on roltons. Thanks, Brawn.

Brawn waves his hand in a dismissive gesture.

You shrug.

You say in guild speak, "Even small victories can be nice."

>>>I'm deluding myself. (Editor's Note: That's about as small a victory as you can get, too)

Brawn nods to you.

Brawn says in guild speak, "I need a few of those."

>>>Or not.. Thanks, Brawn.

Brawn grins.

All in all, it was a fun little event. The best part was obviously the banter that came afterwards. Lessons learned? Bring gems next time.